In 1975 Lok-N-Logs provided the logs for the restoration of Fort Stanwix in Rome, NY. This was the first of three major fort restorations. The production of log homes seemed a natural progression. To date over 4,000 Lok-N-Logs structures can be found throughout the United States, Canada, Wales, Japan, France and South Africa.
Number of homes produced to date:
Number of builders dealers and representatives:
How logs are normally dried prior to shipment:
Kiln dried Average moisture content of logs upon shipment:
16 to 19%
Type(s) of wall logs you offer:
Corner notches are:
- Full or solid wall logs
- Log siding
Log lengths are:
All pre-cut to required lengths Solid log gable ends are:
Pre-cut to required roofline slope
Available styles of wall log profiles:
- Flat - inside
- Hand peeled inside and/or out
- Round - inside
- Round - outside
10" & larger
Tongue & Groove Styles:
Single Corner intersection details for available wall log styles:
Types of fastening devices:
- Butt & pass (only one log extends past the intersection)
- Corner post butt (neither log extends past the intersection)
- Interlock-overlap (both logs extend past the intersection)
Log Hog Screws
Types of sealing systems & materials available:
Types of building code compliances available:
- Foam gasket
Our plans are certified to meet state/local building codes by a licensed engineer or architect.
Other available services:
- Our logs are graded by an independent inspection agency prior to shipment.
- We offer a specific number of hours of on-site technical assistance as a standard part of our contract.
- We offer a written warranty on all our logs.
- We offer custom design service.